Thursday, October 16, 2008

History

This history is just about myself when I wasn't a smoker become a smoker and become ex-smoker. I feel of much worthy to share this on my blog. Back to March 2004, when I was at Melbourne, Australia studying as a MUFY student. Mario, a good friend of mine, the first person who brought me the cigarette's world, had proudly invited me to have a stick of cigarettes. I was struggling with myself if I would take the cigarettes or not. Dad has been an example to me. Dad is a smoker and I was so excited of how does the cigarettes taste. This question brought me to a wonderful smoker's world. I was pretty quite stupid on that decision. At first, it didn't addict me at all. Normally, the first path of cigarettes taken will cause the person to cough but surprisingly, I didn't. I felt so comfortable with it. After that first night of smoking, I didn't touch the cigarettes till one day when Mario came in my room to ask for cigarettes. Disappointingly, I had none. I accompanied him to 7-11 to get one pack of Malboro Red. I will never ever thought that that pack of Malboro Red pulled me in to be a hardcore smoker. It was Thursday evening when me and Mario tried to finish the pack of Malboro Red in 1 hour. From that on, I had become a smoker. I could even finish at least 3 packs of Dunhill King Size 20's spending one night with friends. Averagely, I able to finish at least 1 pack per day. I was so so stupid.

On the halfway life in Melbourne, I ever tried to quit smoking but it failed. I'm sure BaoHui knows it because I told her before I wanted to quit. It failed and I was so disappointed with myself. The days of smoking continued to Miri, Sarawak when I quit my study in Monash College half way run. My mom didn't want me to quit my study so, she brought me to Curtin Uni Miri Campus. And there the days of smoking continued. It getting stronger and stronger when the daylife money usage changed from AUD$ to MYR. Again, that caused my weight decreasing. I ended up with 64kg and lost about 15kg in that year of Miri's life. Good diet?

Time runs, never turn back. Reached 2007, I had quitted my study officially and back Sandakan to help my dad on his business. And still, smoking's life continued. That was the year when I start to feel my lung a bit pain. From what I ever heard, the lung might started to dry. Again, I wanted to quit smoking again. I used a lot of method. Sweets, bubble gums, reduce smoke. None of it was useful. A smoker will never quit his/her smoking habit with only sweets, bubbly gums. That is only excuses. I tried that until I reached the stage of smoke+sweets together. It was quite tasty. So, the 2007 trial on quit smoke failed once again. From RM6.50 per pack to RM 7.30 per pack to RM8.20 per pack.

2008 arrived at last. I smoked until the May 2008. This a month where I had strongly proven that only individual's determination can make a smoker to quit smoking. It depends on how strong is the individual's determination. At that time, I strengthened up my mind. I told myself I will never smoke again. I quit! And YES, this time I'm success. But the progress of quitting smoke wasn't so easy. It was very suffering when the time where you usually smoke, can't smoke. I forced myself not to smoke. No sweets, no bubble gums. Those are fake. My body was giggling, sweating and no energy at all. But still, I wouldn't going to smoke. I couldn't deny that my determination was 100% strong. I suffered for 2 weeks and the 3rd week getting better. And that's the time I had successfully quit after 3 months.

Today, I'm sitting here proudly to tell myself and everyone that I have successfully QUIT smoking. This is not easy to work out. But I did it. I'm very thanks to my Almighty God to give me such a strong determined mind, very thanks to my Dad for giving me so much support. Once again, I'm very proud of myself. And I strongly want to tell myself not to touch cigarettes again. And I strongly want to urge the smokers that you guys can quit anytime. No excuses are to be accepted. It is just the matter of you want or not.

No comments: