Tuesday, October 7, 2008

07/10/08

My handicap is now dropped to 7 after Friendly Watch Challenge Trophy 2 days ago. Good or bad news to me? I'm still wondering. Good because I tend to play better and better. Bad because most of the events in Sandakan Golf & Country Club are nett events. Unless I score par golf with 7 handicap or else, I'm not going to get the big trophy. I heard that every year, there are only 2 events which counted as gross event; Sandakan Amateur Open & Club Championship. Possibly, next week will be the President Trophy 2008. I'm looking forward on it again. I'm hoping for the 4th winning streak on that day.
After the win 2 days ago, I gave myself rest on yesterday and today. Not going to touch the clubs for this 2 days. After the 3rd winning streak on Sunday, I'm much more confident on myself. Just like what Alex Lee told me, handicap is just nothing for me. That shows I'm a single handicapper and only aim for gross section. I beat Henry Chu (5-handicapper), Ken Lee (6-handicapper), Henry Hou (3-handicapper), Joseph Ginda (7-handicapper), Sardon Radin (5-handicapper). I'm very proud of myself. But, that was a lucky win for me when I birdied continuously on 1st and 2nd hole as the finishing day. I was 6 over gross after 16 holes. I made a heavy shot on the 1st hole 2nd shot. The ball flew so low and hits the greenside, hopped in the green and rolled for 2 feets birdie. While hole 2, it was a long 25fts putt. The hole position was very hard but it rolled in. That 2 birdies brought me the Gross Winner on that day. So, quite a lucky day.

No comments: