Sunday, July 27, 2008

28/07/08

Yesterday was July's Monthly Medal 2008. I was playing under frustration. Being psycho by my dad. I putted so so so badly. Every of my approaching shot was about excellent, but ended up with 2 or 3 putted. Maybe not enough luck.
I started at 15th hole Par 5. My tee off was quite far. But so unlucky, the ball was half planted in the fairway. I thought of getting a wood-5 to dig it up, but accidentally topped it. I finished my first hole with double-bogey.
16th Par 4, I made a very nice tee off again and it left me about 140-150metres to the green. I took out iron-6 and made a control swing. The ball went on the green and roll off the green. See how unlucky am i. And, I chipped badly left me about 6fts to the hole. Shamely, I couldn't make par.
17th Par 3, I topped my tee-off and the ball rolled to red hazard once again alike with 15th. Luckily, i could able to make a bogey on it.
18th Par 4, I didn't drive so well, but it left me about 130-135metres to the green. I thought of using iron-8 full swing due to the wind blew. But it ended up with landed back of the green, and rolled up to the half hill. This hole, I didn't complain much as i made an extremely well down-hill chipped and left me 2-3fts. I able to make par.
1st Par 4, I drove so well once again. Here, I can say that Cleveland HiBore XLS worth to be praised. It brought me at least 20metres further. It left me about 110m and i decided to use iron-9 with one inch shorter grip. That was a very nice approach. Unbelievably and shamefully, 3-putted in the length of 8fts. Bogeyed the 1st hole.
2nd Par 3, I topped my ball and almost went into the bunker. I chipped so nicely. But, i missed my 3fts par.
3rd Par 4, I drove the ball off and just reach the '90' sign which means 90 metres to the hole. I made a very good control swing, but the ball drawed to the left. This hole, i made a 7fts par.
4th Par 5, I drove the ball on the fairway, and made a nice 2nd shot with wood-3. And left me 100metres to the hole. I topped spin on my 3rd shot, and luckily it landed right on the green. I made 2 putts par on this hole. I should have birdied it.
5th Par 3, Tee-off with iron-7. It drawed a bit to the left. I chipped too hard and it rolled 7fts off the hole. I missed the par. Bogeyed.
6th Par 5, The worst drive of the day. Hooked the ball and went to the pond. No mood to state this hole. Double-bogey.
7th Par 4, I drove off the fairway to the right. Quite a hard position. I used iron-8 to loft up the ball and landed on the apron. Chipped quite well and par on this hole.
8th Par 4, Left me a 40metres chip. But not able to spin the ball back. Couldn't make birdie again on this hole. So sad. Par.
9th Par 4, I was so happy with my second shot in this hole. The ball was on the half up-slope of the fairway. 140metres left, I used iron-6 and made an easy punch swing. 7-8fts left for birdie and i missed it again! Par.
41 gross for first nine.
10th Par 4, I hit the ball rolled over the green on my second shot. I missed my par on this hole. Bogey.
11th Par 4, Angry with this hole. Same situation with 1st hole. No mood write this hole. Bogey.
12th Par 5, Still angry with 11th hole, no mood play 12th hole. Made a drop shot. But still able to make bogey here.
13th Par 4 and 14th Par 3, I made lucky pars on these 2 holes. End of the day. 84 gross. -_-
I have to do more practise on my chip and putt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: